ÖZALTIN OTEL İŞLETMELERİ A.Ş.
Clarification Text for Web Site/Mobile Application Cookies
(“Cookie Clarification Text”)
As Özaltın Otel İşletmeleri Anonim Şirketi (“Gloria” or “Company”), we benefit from certain technologies like cookies, pixels, GIFs, etc. (“cookies”) in order to improve your experience during your use of or visit to our web sites (“site”), applications or all our other similar online or offline media (the media as a whole will be referred to as “Platforms” hereinafter) we offer for your use in the digital environment.
The use of these technologies is realized in a manner compliant with the legislation to which we are subject, in particular the Law no. 6698 on the Protection of Personal Data (“PDP Law”).
The aim of this Cookie Clarification Text is to provide you with information about the cookies being used and the processing of the personal data during the use of the Platforms. In this Clarification Text, we would like to explain you what cookies we use on the Platforms, for what purposes we use the cookies and how you can control these cookies.
You can access the detailed information about the purposes of processing of your personal data by our Company in Özaltın Otel İşletmeleri Anonim Şirketi Personal Data Protection and Processing Policy available at https://www.gloria.com.tr/en/corporate/personal-data-protection-law/
Methods and Legal Reasons for Collecting Your Personal Data
Your personal data are collected via cookies in the electronic medium within the scope of your visit to our web site or due to your use of our application, based on the legal grounds related to the legal interest of our Company. The marketing and advertising activities by means of targeting and profiling are realized only in case your explicit consent is present. Your personal data collected may also be processed for the purposes specified in this Cookie Clarification Text within the scope of the personal data processing requirements and purposes specified in Articles 5 and 6 of the Law.
Parties to Whom Your Personal Data May Be Transferred and Purposes of Transfer
As Gloria, we may share your personal data within the scope of Cookie Clarification Text with our suppliers, our business partners and public/private institutions and organizations authorized by law, in a manner limited to the achievement of the aforementioned purposes and compliant with the legislation.
What Cookies Are Used For What Purposes?
- Perform the basic functions necessary for the operation of the site and application. For example, ensuring that the members who have logged in do not have to reenter the password when visiting different pages.
- Analyze the site and application and enhance the performance of the site and application. For example, integrating different servers on which the site runs, determining the number of visitors of the site and making performance settings accordingly or making it easier for the visitors to find what they search.
- Increase the functionality of the site and application and provide ease of use. For example, sharing content with the third party social media channels via the site, remembering the user name information or search queries of the user in the subsequent visits of a former visitor.
- Realize customization, targeting and advertising activity. For example, displaying the advertisements related to the interests of the visitors via the pages and products displayed by the visitors.
Cookies Used in Our Site and Application
You can find below the different types of cookies we use in our site and application. Both first party cookies placed by the site you are visiting) and third party cookies placed by the servers other than the site you are visiting) are used in our site and application.
The use of certain cookies is essential for the correct operation of our site and application. For example, the authentication cookies enabled when you log on to our site ensure that your currently active session is maintained while you move from one page to another in our site.
Functionality and Preference Cookies
These cookies remember your preferences and choices on the site and application to enable the services provided in our site to be customized for you. For example, the cookies enable us to remember your language selection or the font size you chose while reading a text on our site.
Social Media Cookies
These cookies enable the collection of information about your uses of social media. For example, cookies may be employed to use the information pertaining to your Facebook/Twitter accounts in order to generate customized advertisements or conduct market researches.
Performance and Analysis Cookies
Owing to these cookies, we are able to improve the services we provide to you by conducting the analysis of your use of our site and application and by conducting the performance analysis. For example, owing to these cookies, we are able to identify the pages most frequently displayed by our visitors, whether our site runs in the required manner and the possible problems.
Targeting or advertising cookies
We use the cookies for conducting the product and service promotions in our site or in the media outside our site. Moreover, we may engage in collaboration with some of our business partners to carry out advertising and promotion addressed to you within or outside our site. For example, the cookies may be used in order to monitor whether you click on an advertisement you see in our site and whether you use the service in the site you are guided to by an advertisement that has grabbed your attention.
The information on how you could manage your preferences about the cookies used on the Platform is provided below:
- The visitors have the possibility to customize their preferences about the cookies by changing the settings of the browser on which they display the Platform. Provided that the browser being used offers this possibility, it is possible to change the preferences about the cookies via the browser settings. Accordingly, while being likely to vary according to the possibilities offered by the browsers, the data owners have the possibility to prevent the use of the cookies, prefer receiving a warning before the use of the cookies or disable or delete only certain cookies.
- While the preferences in this regard vary according to the browser used, it is possible to access a general description at https://www.aboutcookies.org/. It could be necessary that the preferences for the cookies be made separately for each device via which the visitor accesses the Platform.
- Click to disable the cookies managed by Google Analytics.
- Click to manage the customized advertisement experience provided by Google.
- The preferences regarding the cookies used by many companies for the advertising activities may be managed via Your Online Choices.
- The settings menu of the mobile devices may be used for managing the cookies via the mobile devices.
What Are Your Rights As the Data Owner?
Pursuant to Article 11 of the PDP Law, the data owners are entitled to
- Learn whether their personal data are being processed,
- Demand the corresponding information in case their personal data have been processed,
- Learn the purpose for the processing of their personal data and whether they are used in a manner fit for the purpose,
- Know the third parties within the country or abroad to whom their personal data are transferred,
- Demand the correction of the personal data in case they are processed in a defective or incorrect manner and demand the notification of the procedure performed in this context to the third parties to whom the personal data are transferred,
- Demand the deletion or disposal of their personal data in case the reasons warranting the processing of the same disappear, even though the same have been processed in conformity with the provisions of the PDP Law and other relevant laws, and demand the notification of the procedure performed in this context to the third parties to whom the personal data are transferred,
- Object to the emergence of a result against the person himself/herself by way of analyzing the processed data exclusively via the automated systems,
- Claim compensation in case they suffer a loss as a result of unlawful processing of the personal data.
You may communicate your applications concerning your rights listed above to our Company, by filling in the Data Owner Application Form accessible via this. Your applications will be brought to conclusion free of charge within the shortest time possible and in thirty days at the latest according to the nature of your request; however, you may be charged a fee according to the tariff to be determined by the Personal Data Protection Board in case the transaction warrants a separate cost.